The Ultimate Student Experience
Pepperdine Dining Services offers a wide variety of opportunities for students to work on campus while they attend school. Students can gain valuable work experience and be a part of a great team when they join us, all while earning a paycheck.
Roles are available across campus in most of our dining locations. Jobs include service roles in our dining and catering services, jobs at Starbucks and Jamba Juice, production roles in our kitchens and even roles as student ambassadors through our “Street Team” program.
To see current opportunities and job descriptions click HERE
Looking for information on Internships? Click HERE to learn more and apply.
See below to hear from a couple of our student employees about their experiences:
Hear Dawnielle's thoughts on her Internship
Lilian on Flexibility | Student Employee
If you're looking for a flexible side-hustle, you may want to consider joining our VIP catering team. The VIP Catering Team is made up exclusively of Pepperdine Student Employees and is a team designed to supplement and enhance our already amazing catering team.
Throughout the year and all over campus, Pepperdine Dining Services and the Villa host special events that require attentive, professional and personalize service. Joining our VIP Catering Team is a great way to get specialized event service training and learn new skills while serving guests at a variety of events. From important breakfast meetings to VIP dinner receptions, YOU will bring the face of Pepperdine to life for our guests.
Bring your can-do attitude and great personality if you want to join us - no experience necessary!
For more information or to apply please contact Edward Wroten.
- Assisting the management team as directed and according to unit needs.
- Hiring, training, evaluating and supervision of student employees.
- Controlling student labor costs.
- Ensuring compliance with Sodexo and account operating standards and procedures
- Supervising part-time student employees, including but not limited to:
- Dress code
- Performance and public relations
- Student application procedures (W-4 and I-9 forms, safety forms, uniforms, etc.)
- Fill staffing tables and all open shifts
- Maintain high standards in food presentation and presentation areas
- Being a liaison between customer and management. Relaying information of various natures to the appropriate management team.
- Managing and monitoring staffing and labor. Ensuring proper substitution procedures are in place and followed.
- Assisting in the management of all service items and china/silver to assure adequate quantities are available to our customers throughout the meal.
- Maintaining Health and Safety procedures throughout the meal.
- Monitoring and maintaining sanitation and housekeeping procedures from meal to meal.
- Management of safety procedures, including documenting and reporting all incidents/accidents.
- Assisting management in all phases of operation including resident dining, retail, and catering as needed.
- Understanding the basic operation of equipment and training employees in its use.
- Understanding all cash handling procedures.
- Planning, organizing, and executing ongoing student employee training sessions.
- Assisting in-unit opening and closedown periods, including set-up and clean up.